Udemy is one of the most popular and successful provider of online courses of all the major course providers online. When someone is interested in learning a topic they can go to the site and search through the many different types of courses offered there to find just what they're looking for.
The site allows for anyone to post a course on their site provided that it meets the rules and criteria of the platform. Because of this, many students find that some courses are the highest quality while others are not. Here we will take a look at how students and teachers use Udemy discount coupons.
How And Why Teachers Use Coupons For Their Courses
Because the Udemy platform allows for anyone to post a course to the site, students are not always sure whether the course will be of great quality or not. One of the reasons that teachers will offer a discount when the course is first posted is to give a chance for students to get a high-quality course at a highly discounted price so that the teacher is able to gain a following and reviews on the course offered.
Udemy incentivizes teachers to use coupons for their courses by offering a considerably higher percentage of the purchase price to the teacher whenever a student buys through the teacher's coupon. If a student gets a course using the teacher's coupon, the teacher will get 97% of the revenue from that purchase. But when the student buys through organic means, then Udemy pays out only 50% of the total revenue. (More details on Udemy revenue share here)
After a course has been posted for a while, it may fall in its overall rankings and the use of coupons is an ideal way to remind existing students as well as a way to introduce new students to the platform by highly discounting a quality course. Very often a student who has already bought another course from a teacher may well have been thinking about some of the other courses that teacher offers but simply hasn't taken the plunge to purchase the course because of its price. Using a coupon is a great way to get customers who would never consider buying the course at a higher price but would get it at the discounted price offered through the use of a coupon.
Coupons are something that have been used long before the internet was ever available and people are familiar with coupons. Everyone enjoys going to a store somewhere and being able to present a coupon that allows them to save a significant amount of money on the price of their purchase. It's no different when it comes to buyers online. When you offer your customers or those you're trying to get as customers for the first time, a coupon that allows them to save a significant amount of money on the course that they're interested in, then it's a great way to build up a good rapport with those students.
Udemy itself became the biggest online course provider by regularly and routinely offering coupon discounts to all the courses that agreed to allow Udemy to promote those courses through discounted coupons. If this is the very tactic that allowed this platform to become the biggest and most successful of its kind, then certainly the teachers should take full advantage of this type of promotion for their courses.
How And Why Students Use Udemy Discount Coupons
Whether a student is new to the Udemy platform or they have taken many courses from there, they are always glad to be able to save money on the courses that they're interested in. Some students are very serious and they take these courses with the intention of improving their skills or some other area of their life for very specific reasons. Other students, however, are simply pursuing a passion or personal interest and for that reason, they don't want to pay top dollar for the courses that they take.
Very often, the difference between whether a student gets a course or not will depend on the price. If a student has a personal interest in playing chess they may not be willing to spend a $100 or $200 on a course about the topic. But if they look and find a discount coupon by searching online or through an email promotion done by Udemy and they are able to get that course at a 90% discount, then they buy it.
Because both teachers and Udemy regularly and routinely offer discount coupons for courses, a student can easily find them simply by doing a search online. Using their favorite search engine, all they need to do is to type in the phrase ‘Udemy coupon codes‘ or ‘Udemy coupon‘. Numerous sites offering coupons will come up at the top of the search engine results page and the student can simply click on those links and then check to see if the coupon is valid.
Coupons are made available on a regular basis but they do expire. So it is possible that a particular coupon that is still showing on one of those sites has expired and may not work. If this happens all the student has to do is keep looking or wait a few days and then look again. There is absolutely no doubt that if they keep looking they will find a coupon that allows them to get many of their courses available on the Udemy platform at a significant discount.
Best Udemy Courses on sale Now
If you're interested in learning online and taking some Udemy courses but not sure which ones you should go with. Below are the list of top 100 courses that ranked as Best selling courses on August 2017.)
- The Web Developer Bootcamp
- Machine Learning A-Z: Hands-On Python & R In Data Science
- Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate 2017
- Angular 4 [formerly Angular 2 – The Complete Guide]
- Complete Java Masterclass
- The Complete Digital Marketing Course 2017 – 12 Courses in 1
- The Unreal Engine Developer Course – Learn C++ & Make Games
- Node with React: Fullstack Web Development
- Learn to Code by Making Games – Complete C# Unity Developer
- iOS 11 & Swift 4: From Beginner to Paid Professional
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp
- The Ultimate Drawing Course – Beginner to Advanced
- The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0
- Deep Learning A-Z: Hands-On Artificial Neural Networks
- Modern React with Redux
- The Complete iOS 11 & Swift Developer Course – Build 20 Apps
- An Entire MBA in 1 Course:Award Winning Business School Prof
- iOS 11 & Swift 4 – The Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp
- Learn 3D Modelling – The Complete Blender Creator Course
- Reiki Level I, II and Master/Teacher Program
- The Complete Android N Developer Course
- Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced
- Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch
- PMP Exam Prep: Earn Your PMP Certification
- The Complete Presentation and Public Speaking/Speech Course
- Complete Python Masterclass
- The Complete Node.js Developer Course [2nd Edition]
- The Python Mega Course: Build 10 Real World Applications
- Photography Masterclass: Your Complete Guide to Photography
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate 2017
- #1 Cryptocurrency Long-term Investment Opportunity 2017
- The Complete SQL Bootcamp
- Python for Financial Analysis and Algorithmic Trading
- The Complete React Native and Redux Course
- Cryptocurrency Investment Course 2017: Fund your Retirement!
- Pianoforall – Incredible New Way To Learn Piano & Keyboard
- Artificial Intelligence A-Zâ„¢: Learn How To Build An AI
- Data Science A-Z: Real-Life Data Science Exercises Included
- The Complete Ethical Hacking Course: Beginner to Advanced!
- Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3
- Python and Django Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp
- The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Hackers Exposed!
- Ultimate Google AdWords Course 2017â€“Stop SEO & Win With PPC!
- Become a SuperLearner V2: Learn Speed Reading & Boost Memory
- Facebook Ads & Facebook Marketing Mastery Guide 2017
- Docker Mastery: The Complete Toolset From a Docker Captain
- Learn and Understand NodeJS
- R Programming A-Zâ„¢: R For Data Science With Real Exercises!
- C# Basics for Beginners: Learn C# Fundamentals by Coding
- The Complete Financial Analyst Training and Investing Course
- iOS 10 & Swift 3: From Beginner to Paid Professional
- Vue JS 2 – The Complete Guide [incl. Vue Router & Vuex]
- The Complete Financial Analyst Course 2017
- The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop – Tame your Big Data!
- The Complete ASP.NET MVC 5 Course
- Tableau 10 A-Z: Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science!
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate 2017
- NLP Practitioner Certification Course [Beginner to Advanced]
- Advanced React and Redux
- Learn Linux in 5 Days and Level Up Your Career
- The Complete Salesforce Administrator Certification Course
- Learning Python for Data Analysis and Visualization
- Complete Guitar System – Beginner to Advanced
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Network Security!
- Ultimate Web Designer & Developer Course: Build 23 Projects!
- C# Advanced Topics: Take Your C# Skills to the Next Level
- DiseÃ±o Web Desde Cero a Avanzado 45h Curso Completo
- C# Intermediate: Classes, Interfaces and OOP
- The Complete Angular Master Class: Beginner to Advanced
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming
- The Complete iOS 10 & Swift 3 Developer Course
- Spring & Hibernate for Beginners
- DÃ©velopper pour iOS 11 avec Swift 4
- The 2D Game Artist – Design Amazing Art Assets From Scratch
- Character Art School: Complete Character Drawing
- Unreal Engine 4: How to Develop Your First Two Games
- CompTIA Network+ Cert.; N10-006. The Total Course.
- How to get your first 1,000 customers
- CompTIA A+ Certification 901. The Total Course
- Formation ComplÃ¨te DÃ©veloppeur Web
- RPG Core Combat Creator – Unity 2017 Compatible In C#
- Neuroplasticity: How To Rewire Your Brain
- Der komplette iOS 11 & Swift Entwicklerkurs-Erstelle 15 Apps
- PHP for Beginners – Become a PHP Master – CMS Project
- Build a Real-world App with ASP.NET Core and Angular 2 [4+]
- The Complete Nmap Ethical Hacking Course : Network Security
- CCNA 2017 200-125 Video Boot Camp With Chris Bryant
- Angular [Angular 2 or 4 & NodeJS – The MEAN Stack Guide]
- Master en ProgramaciÃ³n de Videojuegos con Unity y C# 2017
- Curso de Desenvolvimento Android – Aprenda a criar 15 apps
- Microsoft Excel – Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions
- Curso de desenvolvimento IOS 11 – Aprenda a criar 18 Apps
- CompTIA Security+ Certification; SY0-401. The Total Course
- Xamarin Forms: Build Native Cross-platform Apps with C#
- Spring Framework 5: Beginner to Guru
- The Python Bible | Everything You Need to Program in Python
- Mac Photos: Organize, Edit and Share Photos On Your Mac